Here to Serve
With the launching of SWMC, six Social Development-lead or SD-lead mosque are established as follows:
- Al-Khair Mosque @ Teck Whye
- Al-Mukminin Mosque @ Jurong East
- Ar-Raudhah Mosque @ Bukit Batok
- Assyakirin Mosque @Taman Jurong
- Darussalam Mosque @Clementi
- Hasanah Mosque @Teban Gardens Rd
Each SD-Lead Mosque, as a first-stop centre for social assistance, will have a Social Development Officer (SDO) who is trained to assess and make appropriate recommendations and referrals to other agencies for needy Muslim families.
They are guided by the Assistant Manager (SD) in SWMC office to develop an Individual Client Plan (ICP) for each family.
The ICP will detail the type of assistance required, programmes to be attended and the milestones that these zakat-receiving families must achieve to attain self-reliance.
Type of Services:
- Monthly Zakat Assistance
- Emergency Zakat Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Debt Settlement
- Empowerment Programme
- Fidyah (Food) Vouchers